Man, I’ve really let this blog out to pasture. Blame Facebook and Twitter, both of which require less effort and creativity than blogging. That’s both good and bad.
My last post was uncharacteristically negative, so today I’m going to give a roundup of some cool stuff that’s going on.
- My sister got married last weekend. The wedding was beautiful, and the reception was a blast. She will stand up in her best friend’s wedding this weekend, after which she’ll head off for her honeymoon.
- Good things are happening at work. I can’t be real specific, but I’m excited.
- Kelley and I are hosting Thanksgiving at our house this year. She’s taking off all next week to prepare.
- I got a new mountain bike – a Giant Anthem X. Took it out for a brief shakedown ride last night, and man, is it fun.
- Tomorrow night, two of my best guy-friends are coming over for some long-overdue hanging out. One’s going through a rough time, so I hope he’ll be encouraged.
- In four days, I’ll begin reading Watch for the Light, a daily Advent devotional I bought years ago. Each day’s reading is an essay or poem by a different Christian author, including Martin Luther, T.S. Eliot, Thomas Merton, Henri Nouwen, Brennan Manning, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, and Soren Kierkegaard.